This programme is widely recognised as demonstrating the required Health & Safety knowledge for an individual to act as an organisation’s competent person. As people become less willing to tolerate the harmful effects of work, and as employers are becoming increasingly aware of the need to tackle health and safety issues, the task of those responsible for managing health and safety in the workplace becomes both more complex and more crucial. This nationally accredited qualification offers an in depth appreciation across a broad spectrum of Health & Safety issues. It is designed to help those with health and safety responsibilities to be able to discharge more effectively their organisational duties and functions.
11 weeks (1 day per week) delivered in the classroom at College
The course covers the following –
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing Risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work Equipment
The course is assessed through 2 papers: NG1 is an Open Book Examination (new in 2020) and NG2 is a Practical Risk Assessment.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.