The purpose of the T Level in Health is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into skilled employment or higher-level technical training relevant to the T Level. The objectives of this qualification are to equip students with the core knowledge and skills relevant to health; up to date occupational knowledge and skills; necessary English, mathematics and digital skills and threshold competence that meets employer expectations and is as close to full occupational competence as possible. To support students in meeting this occupational competence they are required to complete a minimum of 315 hours industry placement
The T Level will be completed over 2 years
The T Level consists of a core component and occupational specialism in supporting the adult nursing team. The core component consists of 2 written examinations and an employer set project. The occupational specialism in supporting the adult nursing team consists of a case study assessment, 2 practical activities assessments: one for the core and a professional discussion.
• Working within the health and science sector
• The healthcare sector
• Health, safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
• Health and safety regulations applicable in the healthcare sector
• Managing information and data within the health and science sector
• Managing personal information
• Good scientific and clinical practice
• Providing person-centred care
• Health and wellbeing
• Infection prevention and control in health specific settings
• Core science concepts
• Further science concepts
• Assist with an individual’s overall care and needs to ensure comfort and wellbeing
• Assist registered health professionals with clinical or therapeutic tasks and interventions
• Undertake a range of physiological measurements
• Assist the adult nursing team with clinical tasks
• Support individuals to meet activities of daily living
• Assist with skin integrity assessments and with the care and treatment of skin conditions
The core component consists of 2 written examinations and an employer set project.
The occupational specialism in supporting the adult nursing team consists of a case study assessment, 2 practical activities assessments: one for the core and a professional discussion.
Applicants will require a grade 5 in GCSE English and maths as well as a minimum of 3 other GCSEs at grade 4 or above which must include a science.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.