It allows the candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progressing in Plastering.
It covers the following skills:
- Preparing background surfaces and plastering materials
- Applying scratch coats
- Fixing sheet Materials
- Applying floating coats
- Applying setting coats
Units Of Study
- Principles of building construction information & communication (Level 1)
- Prepare background surfaces & mix plaster materials
- Applying scratch coats to internal backgrounds
- Fixing sheet materials
- Applying floating coats to walls
- Applying setting coats to walls
- Health Safety and Welfare in Construction
Candidates must produce a portfolio of theory and practical evidence to support the qualification outcome.
Training will be carried out, once the candidate is ready for assessment, the units will be assessed under assessment conditions by the tutor to prove skills and knowledge in each topic.
Grades 3 and 4.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.