The Level 2 Diploma offers you the opportunity to develop and explore skills within Musical Theatre, Dance and Acting before developing your specialist practice during a final major project. This course will allow you to improve your confidence in preparation for the Level 3 Diploma in Performing Arts. You will be able to immerse yourself in improvisation, characterisation, singing and acting. You will gain a true insight into the industry with the opportunity to work with professional performers who work in the West End and touring companies.
Units you may study include:
- Unit 1: Introduction to performance
- Unit 2: Introduction to production
- Unit 3: Communicating with an audience
- Unit 4: Staging a performance
- Unit 5: Contextual research for performance and production
- Unit 6: Performance skills and practice
- Unit 7: Production skills and practice
- Unit 8: Personal project and presentation
- Unit 9: Producing and performing to an audience
90% Practical 10% Theory
The entry requirements for this course are 4 GCSEs graded 3 or above including maths, English and a Performing Arts subject. Alternatively, you may have successfully completed a Level 2 Award in Performing Arts. You will have the opportunity to retake your GCSE maths and/or English alongside your main aim.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.