It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Site Carpentry.
It covers the following skills:
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw
Units Of Study
- Principles of building construction, information and communication (Level 1)
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Candidates must produce a portfolio of theory and practical evidence to support the qualification outcome.
Training will be carried out, once the candidate is ready for assessment, the units will be assessed under assessment conditions by the tutor to prove skills and knowledge in each topic
Grades 3 and 4.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.