Traineeships aim to help you improve your skills to support you in being successful in gaining an Apprenticeship, employment and / or further learning.
For all enquiries, contact Cheryl Jackson on 07717427661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How long does a Traineeship take?
A Traineeship can last from 6 weeks – 1 year. However, most traineeships last less than 6 months.
Where will I carry out my Traineeship?
You will have a work placement and carry out further training at North Lindsey College.
What does a Traineeship include?
- An individualised learning plan to support you in getting the most from your traineeship.
- Training and support to prepare you for work.
- High quality work placement of a minimum 70 hours, but no more than 240 hours.
- Further development with English, maths and digital skills if needed.
- Sector specific vocational learning to support you further in gaining an apprenticeship or a job.
- An interview for an apprenticeship or job if available.
- Pastoral guidance and support
- If there isn’t an apprenticeship or vacancy available at the end of your Traineeship, you will have an exit interview where meaningful and supportive feedback will be provided to help you secure an apprenticeship or job vacancy in the future.
What are the benefits from completing a Traineeship?
- You will be paid £40 on a weekly basis* (up to a maximum of £640 total for the duration of the programme) * subject to 100% attendance on all aspects of the traineeship.
- A traineeship provides you with the opportunity to develop your skills and gives you a chance to gain valuable work experience in an industry of your choice and helps you be “work ready”. All things Employers want to see.
- It will allow you to be more competitive when applying for apprenticeships and job vacancies in the future.
- You will be able to show Employers you have what it takes to be successful in an apprenticeship or a job.
- An enhanced CV.
- Improved confidence and development of transferable skills such as team building and communication.
You can apply for a Traineeship if you are:
- Age 16-24 (25 with an EHCP)
- Have little or no work experience but are motivated to work
- Eligible to work in England
- Qualified up to Level 3
- Applying for an Apprenticeship but so far been unsuccessful.