Take a look below at our information technology quick start guide/overview if you need to find information about your email, Wi-Fi, online learning, and password resets.
There are over 2000 computers (PCs, laptops, iPads and tablets) across the college available to students for either individual study or classwork. This comprises of PCs, laptops and tablets in the Learning Resource Centre, dedicated computer suites, Two Apple computer suites and laptop/iPad trolleys.
Acceptable Use Statement
When using information technology, it is not acceptable to:
- Mistreat or tamper with equipment
- Remove, deface or tamper with equipment markings or labels
- Create or transmit any offensive, defamatory, obscene or indecent images, data or other material
- Infringe copyright
- Transmit unsolicited commercial or advertising material
- Access facilities or services without authorization
- Waste staff effort or information technology resources
- Corrupt or destroy other users’ data
- Violate the privacy or disrupt the work of other users
- Use the College network or internet service in a way that denies service or access to other users
- Continue to use a piece of equipment or software after a member of staff has requested you to stop using it
- Introduce viruses, malware or ransomware into the system
And, unless as part of your coursework it is not acceptable to:
- Load, alter or remove software or files
- Alter hardware or software settings
- Unplug or move equipment
All use of College services is logged and internet access is filtered and monitored in order to ensure that the College can meet the Prevent Duty and good safeguarding practice. Reports are generated which will be reviewed by an appropriate member of staff as a matter of routine.
Failure to comply with the above will result in withdrawal of access to information technology facilities and disciplinary action being taken against you.