Jump directly to main content Jump directly to menu

Financial Support for School Leavers

Dependent on your circumstances, you may be eligible to apply for support if you are enrolling onto a course with North Lindsey College

If you are aged 16 to 18 (age taken as of 31st August 2023), you may be eligible for financial assistance towards the costs of your studies where you can evidence that you have a household income of less than £42,000pa (net income).

Applying online is quick and easy and you do not need to be enrolled to start your application.  Simply follow the ‘Guide to Applying’ and provide the requested evidence.  Please ensure you provide all the evidence requested as failure to do so will delay your application being processed.

When completing your online application, please remember the following.

  • You must have an up-to-date email address recorded on college records, without this, you will not receive your activation email.  Please check with us by emailing info@northlindsey.ac.uk. If you are unsure what email address is held on college records for you.
  • When entering your student ID number, only enter the digits not the ‘DC’ or the ‘DC00’ prefix.

If you have registered for financial assistance previously, you do not need to register again, you just need to login using your previous login details.  If you have forgotten your password for your login, click on the ‘Forgotten password’ link and follow the instructions

Apply Online

To apply for financial assistance online, please visit the following link:


Guide to Applying

Guide to applying 23_24

If you have any questions/queries regarding the Financial Assistance Application, please email financial.support@northlindsey.ac.uk.

Travel Payment Schedule

Coming Soon for 23/24

Childcare Payment Schedule

Coming Soon for 23/24


Types of Support Available

Here’s a summary of some of the things you could be eligible for….

Please note: You need to be enrolled to be able to claim your financial assistance award so you will not be able to claim a refund or order any items until your first week at college.

Daily allowance uploaded on to your student card to use at the onsite food outlets.

Support towards course costs such as equipment or consumables.

These items must be approved by your tutor.

Up to 100% award if you are studying Entry level, level 1 or Level 2.

Advanced Learner Loans are available to anyone studying a level 3 or above, more information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan.

If you are a student aged between 16 and 18 when you start your course, the tuition and exam fees are free.

If you are under the age of 20 on the start date of your course and require childcare support, you will need to apply for this through Care2Learn. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/care-to-learn/overview

If you are aged 20 or above on the start date of your course, you can apply for childcare support through the bursary fund whilst you are studying, subject to your attendance.

Students aged 16-18 (as of 31/08/2023)

If you live over 3 miles from College, we are able to help subsidise your travel so that you only pay £90 for the year for a travel pass. There are a number of buses that run to the College, take a look at our timetables below to see what route would be best for you. If you’re unsure, please contact us and we can look at alternative arrangements.

You can apply for a travel pass using the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/3NRr38wpSF

Don’t forget to also apply for Financial Assistance, if you’re eligible for Financial Assistance, you could get this refunded making it a free pass! We also offer support through Financial Assistance towards mega-rider tickets for people living more than 1.5 miles from College. Apply now: https://northlindsey.ac.uk/student-life/student-support/financial-support/

One off payment towards stationery.

Contribution towards printing uploaded to your student account.

If you are under 19 and:

  • you’re in or you recently left local authority care
  • you get Income Support or Universal Credit because you’re financially supporting yourself
  • you get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) in your name and either Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
  • you get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name and either ESA or Universal Credit

then you may be eligible for the Vulnerable Bursary (VB) and could receive up to £1,200 over the academic year towards college participation costs.

 Please be aware that meeting these eligibility criteria does not guarantee an award, which depends on your individual financial needs.