Throughout this course you will study a range of different subject areas including Sociology, Psychology and Criminology.
The units are designed to help you to build on your knowledge and develop your skills in preparation for progressing to university.
This course is a part-time course, with 1 day a week attendance required in college over two academic years. There will be a requirement for you to complete additional study outside of the classroom.
Awarding BodyOpen College Network West Midlands
Some of the units you will study include:
- English Literature: Comparative Study of Cross-Genre Prose Texts
- English Literature: Shakespeare
- English Literature: the Novel
- English Literature: Original Writing
- Historical Studies: Industrial Change in Britain, c. 1700-1850 Ungraded
- Historical Studies: The Victorian Underworld
- Social Policy: The Origins of the Welfare State
- Sociology: Identity
- Sociology: Sociology of Mass Media
- Sociology: Sociology of Education
- Criminology: Crime and Deviance
- Criminology: Forensic Psychology
- Psychology: Developmental Psychology
- Psychology: Psychology of Learning
- Law: Access to Justice
- Academic Writing Skills
- Speaking and Listening
At the end of each unit, you will complete an assignment to assess your knowledge of the unit.
To successfully achieve your Diploma, you will need a total of 60 credits.
GCSE Math and English Grade 4 or Equivalent, or relevant industry experience subject to tutor discretion.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details