This qualification is aimed at you if you are looking to start a career as a nail technician and provide additional services to your clients.
You will develop your communication and customer service skills, have an awareness of environmental sustainability and commercial skills used in the workplace.
Digital research skills, team working and problem solving will also be developed.
What does this qualification cover?
Skills and knowledge covered include mandatory units:
• Working in the beauty related industries
• Health and safety
• Client care and communication
• Promote service and products
• Salon reception duties
• Provide manicure treatments
• Provide pedicure treatments
• Provide nail art
• Provide and maintain nail enhancements.
Optional units include:
• Apply make-up.
• Display stock to promote sales in salon.
• Provide lash and brow treatments.
• Art of photographic make- up
• Body art design
Practical assessments will involve performing treatments on other members of the class as well as on external paying clients in the college beauty salons.
Students will also be required to complete written assignments and online tests.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.