This course will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to work as a technician in a race team or to progress to higher education before taking up a post in design and development, team management or as a race engineer.
Units you may study include:
· Operation of Vehicle Chassis Systems
· Vehicle System Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
· Vehicle Project
· Motorsport Workshop Practices
· Motorsport Vehicle Preparation and Inspection
· Vehicle Engine Principles, Operation, Service and Repair
· Electrical and Electronic Principles for Vehicle Technology
· Vehicle Electrical Charging and Starting Systems
· Function and Operation of Vehicle Petrol Injection Systems
· Operation and Testing of Vehicle Electronic Ignition Systems
· Vehicle Engine Management Systems
· Operation and Maintenance of Light Vehicle Transmission Systems
· Light Vehicle Suspension, Steering and Braking Systems
· Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
· Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
· Engineering Drawing for Technicians
· Professional Practice and Logistics for Motorsports
· Employability skills
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details