This qualification will give learners a basic understanding of childcare and education including parenting and babysitting. It will also help them to make an informed choice about working with children and young people.
Example units on the Level 2 Certificate:
– Accident prevention and fire safety when babysitting
– Caring for young children in a babysitting environment
– Parenting and healthy lifestyles
– Importance of play for early learning
– Craft activities with young children
– Young children’s development
Learners will be required to hold a GCSE in maths and English at grade 2 or higher to enrol on the Level 2 Certificate.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.