This programme is aimed at helping you become a fast fit technician. Concentrating on fast fit techniques. You will also have access to support, to help you improve your English and maths
Units you may study include:
· Inspecting, repairing and replacing high performance light vehicle and motorcycle tyres.
· Carrying out light vehicle front wheel alignment.
· Inspecting and replacing light vehicle clutches
· Inspecting and replacing exhaust components.
· Inspecting and replacing suspension dampers.
· Inspecting and replacing vehicle batteries.
· Inspecting and replacing braking systems.
· Safe use of oxy-acetylene.
· Assessing and securing a roadside situation.
· Learners will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
· Agreeing with a customer vehicle needs.
· Other skills associated with working in a garage.
· Employability skills
50% Assessment – Coursework
50% Assessment – Exam
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.