L2 EAL Engineering Technologies course
These qualifications give learners knowledge and understanding of a broad range of engineering
competencies. The qualifications cover the intermediate knowledge, understanding and skills that are
required by someone working in the engineering industry. It takes a hands-on approach to intermediate
engineering training by providing learners with:
• Knowledge and understanding of a range of engineering competencies
• Information that will help them make more informed decisions about their career options
• Personal skills to help them work effectively and achieve their potential.
These qualifications are graded; learners can achieve a Pass, Merit or Distinction.
These qualifications have three core mandatory units (which provides learners with knowledge and
understanding of the engineering environment, engineering techniques and mathematics and science
principles) and 8 pathways within the optional units, from which a learner will select one from the following:
• Mechanical engineering technology
• Maintenance engineering technology
• Motor vehicle maintenance technology
• Fabrication and welding technology
• Pipework systems mechanical engineering technology
• Electrical and electronics technology
• Electrical/electronic security systems and devices technology
• Engineering technology.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.