Equivalent to 3 A-Levels, this course contains a blend of academic skills and opportunities for you to acquire a range of practical and personal skills.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide specialist knowledge, skills and understanding relating to working in the Police service.
You will gain a broad understanding of policing and the requirements for a future career in the Police service. You will experience a range of exciting units that contain a blend of theoretical and practical learning which will allow you to develop both personally, academically and professionally.
Units you may study include:
- Preparing for a career in the Police service
- Develop leadership skills
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the Police service
- Values and standards in the Police service
- Understand conflict management and personal protection
- Understand discipline in the Police service
- The development of the UK Police service
- Dealing with emergency incidents
- Preparation for Higher Education
- Collaboration between the emergency services
- Emergency planning and response in the Police service
- UK legal systems and the Police service
- Crime scene investigations
- ICT in the Police service
- Safeguarding and the Prevent duty
- Neighbourhood policing
- Understanding mental health
100% Coursework & Practical Skills
Grade 4 in maths & English at GCSE.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.