Level 2 Diploma offers you the opportunity to develop and explore creative
skills in a range of disciplines. The course features a final major project at
the end of the year in which you will develop your own ideas and will exhibit
work with the support of your tutors.
Art and Design students will be
offered the opportunity to attend a variety of local, national and international
excursions relating to the course. The department also has strong links with
local art groups and artists providing students with additional
Throughout the course you will be introduced to a range of subjects including:
Units you will study:
- Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art and design
- Introduction to contextual research in art and design
- Introduction to drawing skills
- Introduction to communication skills in art and design
- Solving 2D creative problems
- Solving 3D creative problems
- Solving time-based creative problems
- Developing and producing a personal project in art and design
The entry requirements for this course are 4 GCSE’s graded 3 or above
including Maths, English and a Creative Subject. Alternatively, you may have
successfully completed a Level 2 Award in Art and Design.
You will have the
opportunity to retake GCSE Maths and/or English alongside your main aim. The
course will support you in preparing for progression onto Level 3 courses,
apprenticeships and employment.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.