Taught in our professional kitchen, this course will help you to build the skills needed to become a competent and efficient chef. Using the skills you have already developed, this course will help to advance your knowledge of classical and modern cooking techniques.
Throughout the course you will also learn about food preparation, as well as develop food and beverage service skills.
Units you may study include:
• Investigating the hospitality and catering industry
• Food safety in catering
• Healthier foods and special diets
• Costs and menu planning
• Applying workplace skills
• Preparing and cooking stocks, soups and sauces
• Preparation and cooking of fruit and vegetables
• Preparation and cooking of meat, offal, poultry, fish and shellfish
• Preparation and cooking of rice pasta, grains and egg dishes
• Producing hot and cold desserts, puddings, biscuit, cake and sponge products
• Preparation and cooking of fermented dough
• Employability and technical skills
50% ASSESSMENT – COURSEWORK
50% ASSESSMENT – EXAM
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.