This qualification develops a basic knowledge of the adult social care sector. It covers the type of job roles and services within it, the role of communication and the importance of valuing the individuals being cared for.
Distance / Online
- Introduction to the adult social care sector Knowledge
- Introduction to the values and principles of adult social care Knowledge
- Awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to work in adult social care Knowledge
- Awareness of communication in adult social care Knowledge
- Awareness of the roles and responsibilities of the adult social care worker
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks such as designing charts or leaflets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.