Equivalent to 3 A-Levels, this course contains a blend of academic skills and opportunities for you to acquire a range of practical and personal skills.
The course is designed for students wanting to pursue a career in the Armed Forces, Fire Service, Prison Service or other Uniformed Service. You will experience a range of exciting units that contain a blend of theoretical and practical learning.
This programme includes fitness sessions to develop the individual’s needs to enable them to pass their services fitness entrance test which includes a mixture of academic and practical studies. An all-weather study programme, you should be prepared to learn in challenging conditions in different learning environments on campus.
Units you may study include:
- Preparing for a career in Uniformed Services
- Developing aspects of physical fitness for entry to the Uniformed Services
- Developing leadership skills
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Carrying out map reading and navigation across open country
- Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
- Telecommunications in the Uniformed Services
- Mental and physical wellbeing
- Conflict management
- Skills for land-based outdoor, water-based outdoor and adventurous activities
- Crime scene investigation
- Hierarchy of the services
- Security procedures
- Collaboration between Uniformed Services
- Emergency planning and response in the uniformed services
- War and conflict
- Understanding discipline
100% Coursework & Practical Skills
Grade 4 in maths & English at GCSE.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.