Equivalent to 3 A-Levels, this course contains a blend of academic skills and opportunities for you to acquire a range of practical and personal skills. Over the full duration of the course, you will experience a range of exciting units that will stretch and challenge you to expand your theoretical knowledge, and support you in realising your future career aspirations.
On this course you will experience a range of assessment methods designed for you to showcase your progression which include practical observed assessments, assignments, eBooks, audio recordings, and group/individual presentations.
You will have exciting opportunities to learn with technology and different applications to prepare you for your progression choices. You will learn in different learning environments including the Kingsway Fitness Suite, Sports Studio, The PODS, Confidence Course, and Multi-Use Games Area.
Units you may study include:
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Preparing for a career in sport and physical activity
- Sports coaching
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Principles of anatomy and physiology
- Instructing physical activity and exercise
- Fitness training and programming
- Practical team sports
- Sports injuries
- Sport and exercise massage
- The physiology of fitness
- Analysis of sports performance
- Sports nutrition
- Leadership in sport
- Psychology of sports performance
- Strength and conditioning
- Laboratory and field based experiment methods
100% Coursework & Practical Skills
Grade 4 in maths & English at GCSE.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.