Looking after the technical, organise and supervising side of construction projects.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Site Engineering Technician are:
• Dimensional control of construction projects
• Assisting design teams with civil engineering solutions on construction projects
• Supervision of specialist contractors
• Contribute to the control of health and safety on construction projects
• Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
• Contribute to the minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
• Control the quality of works on a construction project
The knowledge, skills and behaviours for this role will be developed over the duration of the apprenticeship.
Maths and English will be embedded within the apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship has a typical duration of 36 months.
Learners will attend either North Lindsey College or Doncaster College on day release for taught sessions, excluding half terms and holidays. Apprentices will be supported by 1:1 meetings in the workplace by their dedicated Programme Tutor. Additional learning resources and information will be made available online to ensure a fully blended learning experience.
All apprentices must undertake an independent end-point assessment which is an assessment of the knowledge, skills and behaviours that have been learnt throughout the apprenticeship. The purpose of the assessment is to make sure the apprentice meets the standard set by employers and are fully competent in the occupation.
Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment. Employers may set their own criteria
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.