Apprenticeships are work-based courses which involve learning and gaining qualifications while working for an employer. An apprentice works at the employer’s premises, gaining practical experience and skills while working towards a qualification which is relevant to their job.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers which will be delivered from the workplace, digitally, or through going out into the customer’s own locality. These may be one-off or routine contacts and include dealing with orders, payments, offering advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fixing problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction. You may be the first point of contact and work in any sector or organisation type.
Your actions will influence the customer experience and their satisfaction with your organisation. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and behaviours as well as product and/or service knowledge when delivering to your customers. You provide service in line with the organisation’s customer service standards and strategy and within appropriate regulatory requirements. Your customer interactions may cover a wide range of situations and can include; face-to-face, telephone, post, email, text and social media.
This apprenticeship covers the following Role Requirements (Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours):
• Use a range of questioning skills, including listening and responding in a way that builds rapport, determines customer needs and expectations and achieves positive engagement and delivery.
• Use appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills, along with summarising language during face-to-face communications.
• Use an appropriate ‘tone of voice’ in all communications, including written and digital, that reflect the organisation’s brand.
• Provide clear explanations and offer options in order to help customers make choices that are mutually beneficial to both the customer and your organisation.
• Be able to organise yourself, prioritise your own workload/ activity and work to meet deadlines.
• Act on and seek feedback from others to develop or maintain personal service skills and knowledge.
• Treat customers as individuals to provide a personalised customer service experience.
The knowledge, skills and behaviours for this role will be developed over the duration of the apprenticeship.
Maths and English will be embedded within the apprenticeship.
Typically this apprenticeship will take 15 months to complete.
Learners will attend either Doncaster or North Lindsey college on a day release basis. A minimum of 6 hours per week will be spent on working towards the apprenticeship standard. Apprentices will be supported by 1:1 meetings in the workplace by their dedicated Programme Tutor. Additional learning resources and information will be made available online to ensure a fully blended learning experience
All apprentices must undertake an independent endpoint assessment which is an assessment of the knowledge, skills and behaviours which have been developed throughout the apprenticeship. The purpose of the assessment is to make sure the apprentice meets the standard set by employers and are fully competent in the occupation.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their apprentices. This is an academic and competency based qualification; good study skills are required along with the ability to work on projects.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.
We do not currently have fee information available for this course. Please contact us for further information.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details