Level 3 Applied General Diploma in Art and Design
This is the first of a two-year programme. Entrants will have the
opportunity to study a range of subject including, Fine Art, Illustration,
Textile and Surface Design, 3D Design, Digital Art and Fashion Design. This
course allows students to develop a diverse portfolio and an underpinning
knowledge of visual language.
in Drawing and Fashion Design.
In the first term students will be introduced to a wide range of
materials and techniques in Fine Art and Illustration, Digital Art, Textiles and
3D Design, and gain knowledge of visual language elements and research skills.
In term two students develop their own creative practice through an eight
week project, further exploring 2D, 3D and 4D materials and techniques. The year
culminates in a sustained project in which students demonstrated their ability
to fully utilise the design process.
Course code: NFC01030
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s graded 4 and above including Maths, English and a creative subject. Alternatively a Level 2 Diploma in a Creative Subject.
Students typically progress onto the Level 3 Applied General Extended
Diploma in Art & Design which is a top up qualification. Following the
completion of the second year of study students may progress onto a Level 3
Foundation Diploma, University, Apprenticeships, or Entry-level employment.
100% external assessment of coursework.
Unit 1: Diagnostic Investigation in Art and Design.
1. Understand how visual language and visual language skills inform art and design activities.
2. Understand visual and contextual research to inform ideas for creative activities.
3. Be able to use materials, processes and practical skills to support art and design activities.
4. Be able to use reflective and evaluative skills to inform own progress and practice.
5. Be able to explore and develop alternative solutions for theoretical and practical problems in art and design activities.
6. Be able to plan, develop and present an art and design project.