The aim of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health. By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of mental health in children and young people which would support progression onto further qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sectors.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Improve your understanding of theories relating to Children and Young people’s Mental Health
• Further your personal and professional development
• Ensure you the concept of mental health
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Our online courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by Email, Vmail or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from the NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
Distance / Online
8 to 12 weeks on average
In order for you to gain your full certificate, you need to achieve all 5 mandatory units:
• Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
• Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
• Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to access a range of financial support available.