Humber Outreach Programme
The Humber Outreach Programme is one of 29 Uni Connect Partnerships across England, bringing together universities, schools, colleges , the Careers Enterprise Company and other local partners to offer impartial careers guidance, outreach activities, advice and information on the benefits and realities of going to college, university or undertaking an apprenticeship.
We are committed to supporting schools and colleges to add value, reduce duplication and address the gaps in order to:
- Equip young learners from underrepresented groups to make an informed choice about their options in relation to the full range of routes into and through higher education, including technical and apprenticeships;
- Minimise the barriers learners may face when choosing the option that will unlock their personal potential.
GDPR and Your Data
Every time you take part in an outreach activity arranged by us at the Humber Outreach Programme & the University of Hull, we will collect personal data from you. This data helps us to deliver and evaluate each activity, meaning we can keep an eye on how successful our activities are. This data will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will share your personal data with the Higher Education Access Tracker service (HEAT), which is managed and led by
the University of Kent.
HEAT will store and process your data on our behalf, and they can use it for statistics and reports.
HEAT may share your data with other national teams to help track your progress through education. These are:
- Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)
- Office for Students (OfS)
- Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)
- Department for Education (DfE)
We process your personal data to allow us to perform a task carried out in the public interest. Our legal basis for this is Public Task.
We will collect the following necessary personal data from you:
- legal first name
- legal last name
- current school/college
- date of birth
The GDPR provides you with a number of rights to your personal data. You have the right to:
- have inaccurate personal data rectified
- ask for a copy of the information we have about you
- complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way we process your personal data
If you want any more informaton you can visit the University of Hull Governance and Information Compliance web pages or email: email@example.com
The University of Hull is a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office. The registered address is: The University of Hull, Cottingham Road, Hull, HU6 7RX