Jump directly to main content Jump directly to menu

Kingsway Children’s Centre receives their third consecutive Ofsted Outstanding result!  

Posted: February 9, 2022

The Scunthorpe-based nursery was most recently inspected on the 6th July 2022 and staff have been excited to receive the anticipated results.

Nursery manager Karen Copperwheat is extremely proud to lead the staff and to receive the ’Outstanding’ status for a third time. Karen has worked at the nursery for twenty years and has worked her way up through the roles.   

Throughout the last three inspections, Karen has held key roles at the nursery, in 2011 she held the position of Senior Early Years Practitioner, in 2015 she became the Deputy Manager and for the latest result as Kingsway Children’s Centre Manager.   

Karen said, “I would like to thank everyone who supported the nursery and to help us achieve this amazing outcome. It certainly shows in the results that we have a great team here at Kingsway Children’s Centre and I am extremely proud of the dedication and hard work from all of the staff who ensure children develop to their full potential and for their level of teaching and learning that takes place is outstanding.  

Parent, Naomi Williams said, “This fantastic achievement is a consequence of the care, commitment and drive of all the staff at Kingsway Children’s Centre. They have created an engaging and safe environment for my children to learn and thrive in. We feel privileged to be a part of the Kingsway Children’s Centre family.” 

The report focuses on the quality of education, behaviour and attitudes, personal development, leadership and management and overall effectiveness at previous inspection.  

Some of the highlights from the report included the inspectors saying that, ‘The children happily arrive at the setting and settle in quickly after a detailed handover from parents.’  

The report also states that, ‘The children thrive and are making strong progress in this inclusive setting. Their excellent progress is facilitated through the provision of a clear, sequenced curriculum that continually builds on what children know and can do.’  

The report also highlighted that, ‘The well-resourced nursery environment is rich in opportunities which promote children’s emerging communication, language and literacy skills.’  

Parent, Stacey Blackwell said, “Kingsway Children’s Centre have been brilliant with my daughter. She first started nursery aged 12months and they have helped her to develop so much with her personal, social and emotional development. The nursery workers have worked with us as parents, to ensure we are on the same page for developing my daughter’s communication and language which is why I believe she is doing so well now. 

“My daughter loves coming to nursery, which I see first-hand from the interaction with the nursery workers when I drop her off in the morning and at the end of the day.”