Jump directly to main content Jump directly to menu

North Lindsey College Shares the Love During National Colleges Week

Posted: October 21, 2020

This year’s theme focuses on colleges building communities, boosting businesses, and supporting people. Bringing the whole further education community together, the Week celebrates the impact of colleges on people, employers, and the economy.  

North Lindsey College is a member of the Association of Colleges (AoC) which wants to see colleges and funding for them prioritised nationally and locally to aid the recovery from the pandemic that will be vital to the future success of the country.  

David Hughes, Chief Executive of the Association of Colleges, said, “This year has been unprecedented in every way, but colleges have risen to all the challenges thrown at them. Colleges Week is a celebration of all the amazing things colleges do day in day out for students, employers and communities. It’s also about recognising just how important colleges are as we rebuild for a better future through retraining, skills and education.  

“Despite educating 2.2 million people every year, including more than 600,000 16 to 18-year-olds, colleges have been neglected in recent years. The Prime Minister’s announcement earlier this month to expand the training system with colleges at the heart of the skills agenda is welcome. All colleges need now is the investment from government to be able to support even more people and employers. That will improve the life chances of millions of people but it needs college funding to be at the forefront of the upcoming spending review.” 

North Lindsey College plays a key part in transforming our communities through learning, boosting businesses, and supporting people to get the training they need for the jobs of the future, serving local business and community needs. 

Students at the College been have engaging with National Colleges Week and sharing their personal stories about their experiences.  

Harvey Bowles (Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training student) commented, “When I first started College I didn’t have the experience as some of the others in my class. People always said to me if you need any help and support speak to your tutors; I did this and my tutors always had the time for me and gave me the support I needed and I soon caught up.  

Without my tutors I would not have the knowledge of fitness that I have now and the options for my future career aspirations of either going to university or into the uniformed services.”