Jump directly to main content Jump directly to menu

Sculpting a Successful Future

Posted: July 16, 2019

Cameron Lings (20) has just completed his second year at Teesside University’s MIMA School of Art studying for a BA (Hons) Fine Art, after progressing there from North Lindsey College. Cameron demonstrated exceptional skills whilst he was at College so his success has come as no surprise to his tutors.  One of those creations is still on display in the College reception, which has generated a vast amount of interest.

His winning entry titled; ‘Turbine’ will afford Cameron the opportunity to receive guidance from specialist metalwork artists, with Cameron’s final piece from the course also on display within the grounds of Yorkshire Sculpture Park.

Cameron Lings said, “My experience of University so far is allowing me to make the most of opportunities around me.  I feel I can reach beyond my potential with regards towards my long-term future.  Without North Lindsey, I simply wouldn’t be at University. College allowed me to establish a career-based direction and develop as an independent person. It set an essential foundation for my future, allowing my long-term potential to rise.”

He continued, “Regarding my future, I will continue to develop as a practicing artist. I have always been one to aim high with my plans, and that will never stop. Over the past 6 months I have had works in over 20 exhibitions across the UK, I would love for my recognition to expand through Europe and further abroad. I still have at least another year at Teesside University, so there is still time for myself to grow within my time in education. For now, I will ensure to make the most of every opportunity I come across.

Ruth Crabtree (Programme Tutor, Art and Design) said, “Whilst at North Lindsey College, Cameron demonstrated a high level of commitment and determination to succeed and I am pleased to see his hard work pay off. Cameron was such an inspirational student not only because of a natural talent but due to his eagerness and attitude to personal and professional development.  I am very proud of his recent well-deserved accolades and awards.”

Places are still available to study an Art and Design course at North Lindsey College, contact Customer Service on 01724 281111.